Saturday, April 19, 2008

Talking Positive...

Talking positive to kids…

This is what I believed from the time when I started thinking of bringing up kids.

But v shd set the limits n off the bounds also..
But I shd also confess that I have scolded Yuvan too many a times. when he really goes over the board or does something purposely even after understanding it!!!

But I should also agree.He has been a very very understanding Kid in more ways ..Talking really helps…with him..

SO now I have vowed myself that I shd make him understand more by talking a lot in to him…but off course the limits will b there n I will let him know abt it too..and there will b teaching him the hard way too at times when he really needs it!!!Confusing?
But..Thats what I m..!!!!he he he he
But I hope I’m trying to b a good parent!!!
Neither falling in..”always no”…”always yes” (As my blogger friend Angel had sd..neither in any of the categories.!!! YES …me too)

Coming to talking to positive kids. I believe n understand n practice ( now a lot of talking goin on with yuvan...)it many a times..( trying to make the "many a times" to most of the times")
For eg…It makes a lot of difference when u say “Yuvan…Its hard. Try to open it safely….be careful”(on a door/fridge…whatever) than saying “Yuvan..Noooooo..Dont do it!!!its heavy..” Also,even if they get a pinch of pain but nothing serious itz ok..they do realize it n do it more careful next time…as I have agreed with Angel on
experience talks more than 1000 warnings..
When we know our kids are growing up as more understanding kids,v feel more relaxed,more confident,more on control ....talking helps more but setting limits n off bounds need to there as well..

Whenever Yuv tries to bang his indoor scooter/cycle, a little harder by pulling it up n then on to the floor. First I told him..”no u cant do it..”he kept doing it. Then I tried other way. Since he likes babies a lot…I told him.."Yuvan u know rt that there’s a baby rt below our house??? if u bang like this baby can’t sleep n u are disturbing others..as well in the process u will fall backwards n hurt yourself..”(demonstrating how he wd fall..)

Now he seldom does it..when he does it..before I react he will tell me “ amma..baby..n then shows action for sleeping..” meaning baby is sleeping..n then rides properly…then I say.."pls Yuvan pl u are not supposed do it!!!..as it gonna hurt u as well others"

This is one eg..i hope it happens with all kids…But I do agree..there is a time when they really start understanding. it differs from every Kid!!!


But sure shot Try IT..it works wonders many a times...BUt m not saying that there shd be no Limits set nor any hard way lessons learned thingi..but try talking in to them a lot!!!they grow up more understanding..loving n they do things by simple n proper understanding rather than for the fear of getting scoldings from Mum/Dad

As therez always a thing that shd be in every parent's mindset “ Do not compare Kids. Every Kid is an Individual”

3 comments:

Angeline said...

Geezzz...you mentioned me? What an honour!

Right on Bull's Eye! - NEVER compare one kid from another, you hurt one or the other. Every kid is special in their own ways. Love them as they are.

Suhanya said...

Offcourse i did mention u..ever since i started bloggin ,i always look forward for your comments n first blog hopping is to u'r site!!!

thanks a ton!!!

Solai Chidambaram said...

nice read sukanya.nice to know that so much of thought is made by now a day mothers in bringing up their children.

Food for Thought

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Eleanor Roosevelt